I think every parent knows that kids going back-to-school also means kids going back into a world of germs, stress, exhaustion and possible unhealthy habits. However, back-to-school time can also be a great time to start implementing some new healthy habits that you can use all year to promote health and wellness in your entire family. Here are some of our favorite products to help you stay healthy all year long.
1. Honest Company Fruit & Veggie Wash - Back-to-school is the perfect time to start packing healthy lunches and after-school snacks of fruits and veggies. We love this fruit and veggie wash from the Honest Company. It cuts through any dirt, wax, chemicals, oils and residues found on fruit and veggies and leaves no taste or odor behind. Plus, it inhibits browning and helps food last longer. Win/win.
2. Disney/Pixar Band-Aids - Kids are inevitably going to fall, trip, tumble or take a spill, so why not make treating the ouchie a little more fun with character Band-Aids from their favorite Disney movie. There's everything from princesses to cars, pickles to pirates. Whatever your child is into, there's an "aid" for that (see what I did there?). We are really into the Dusty the Plane Band-Aids and god forbid that Mac get ANY other plane than Dusty. Ugh.
3. DoTerra OnGuard Essential Oil - No worries, I'm not promoting essential oils as having magical hippie voodoo healing powers, but I do like the idea that a natural product could/might/may/possibly/maybe help boost immunity and protect against some environmental threats. At the insistence of a friend, this past Spring I started rubbing a bit of this OnGuard on the bottoms of Mac's feet in the morning before he went to school and "coincidentally" he didn't get sick at all for the rest of the school year. I don't know...I'll let you make your own conclusions about this one. It does smell fantastic, though!
4. Hello Products Kids' Toothpaste* - With awesome flavors like Bubble Gum, Green Apple and Blue Raspberry, your kids are going to love Hello Toothpaste. Hello Kids' toothpaste prevents cavities and strengthens enamel without preservatives, dyes, microbeads or artificial sweeteners or flavors. Mac's said many times that he doesn't like "grown up" toothpaste because it's too spicy, but he loves the Hello toothpaste. Bubble Gum is our favorite (both his and mine).
5. OK To Wake! Alarm Clock and Nightlight - A new back-to-school schedule and long days at school mean kids really need to get their sleep. Whether you have an early riser or a kid that has trouble waking up on time, this clock can help. Parents can customize when the clock lights up green to let a child know that it's ok to get out of bed, encouraging kids to sleep a bit longer in the morning (more sleep for you too!). For older kids that want to get up on their own, this clock acts just like a regular alarm clock and even has a snooze function.
6. Smarty Pants Kids' Complete Vitamins* - Smarty Pants makes the only children's complete multivitamin with Omega 3s and D3s on the market. These awesome gummy vitamins are non-GMO, gluten/casein free and contain no HFCS, artificial sweeteners/colors/preservatives. They're made in California and come in 3 awesome flavors (orange, lemon, strawberry-banana). My children are CRAZY about these vitamins and beg me for them at every single meal. They also make adult vitamins, in case you're in the market for a new multivitamin as well. (Make sure to check out my Facebook page for a chance to win some vitamins for your child!)
7. Babyganics Foaming Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitizer - I'm really not a germophobe, but I hate being sick (and hate having sick kids), so I absolutely love this alcohol-free foaming hand sanitizer from Babyganics. I keep a bottle of this in the car and give Mac a squirt of this as soon as he gets out of school, before hopping in the car and touching his baby sister, her toys and eating a snack. It's non-allergenic and safe for sensitive skin. It kills 99.9% of germs and smells great - it also doesn't leave a slimy or greasy film/residue on your hands.
8. Honest Company Lip Balm - If your child is anything like mine, they probably LOVE lip balm and are obsessed with using it a hundred times a day. I can barely keep mine away from Mac, so I found this lip balm from the Honest Company that's gentle enough for kids, but still great for adults too (not overly sweet or juvenile). It comes in a 3-pack of flavors: Lavender Mint, Sweet Orange Vanilla and Purely Simple.
What are some of your favorite products to keep your kids healthy?
*I received this product as part of the Savvy Sassy Moms Product Scouts program. All opinions are my own. As always, this post does NOT contain any affiliate links - just products that I love and use myself.