Running from the Law: Frozen Vanilla Berry Bark

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Frozen Vanilla Berry Bark

I hope everyone had a great (and delicious) Fourth of July this year.  We spent our holiday weekend at the Ranch like we've done nearly every year since Ryan and I met over 10 years ago.  It's one of our favorite places in the world, where we always feel like family and leave with full bellies and full hearts.  I loved being able to share this place with Mac this year and he loved the people, the bison, the fishing, the golf carts and the lake.  I have TONS of photos to come, so stay tuned (although it may be months before I get through them all!).

Of course we ate very well while we were there...and by well, I mean a lot.  I think I gained at least six pounds from Friday to Sunday.  So, when we got home and it was time for me to make the recipe I'd been matched with from the Fourth of July Recipe Linkup, I was thrilled that it was so light and healthy and easy! This recipe is from Elise at Cheers Y'all and as soon as I saw it I was overjoyed to get this one.  I knew right away that Mac and I would both love it.  

Frozen Yogurt Vanilla Berry Bark
This recipe couldn't be simpler and I struggled with how to "make it my own" as our linkup instructions required.  I chose to modify Elise's original recipe only slightly, by using fresh fruit (instead of frozen), Greek yogurt (instead of normal) and adding a bit of honey and vanilla, for extra sweetness and flavor.  I love Greek yogurt, but it can be a bit bitter, so the honey was a nice touch to give it a bit of natural sweetness.  I also added an extra couple drops of vanilla bean puree to make it extra vanillay (not a word, I know).  And since it's the middle of the summer and berry season, I used fresh fruit.  I think it turned out FABULOUS!  
Red, White & Blue Frozen Yogurt Vanilla Berry Bark

Ingredients:
- 32 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- strawberries
- raspberries
- blueberries
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean puree

Directions:
1. Mix the honey and vanilla into the yogurt in a large bowl.
2. Spread the yogurt out onto a baking sheet using a rubber spatula.
3. Place berries on top.
4. Freeze (at least 1-2 hours).
5. Use a knife to break into pieces.
6. Enjoy right away while it's COLD!
Healthy Frozen Yogurt Vanilla Berry Bark
Frozen Yogurt Vanilla Berry Bark
Absolutely delish!  Cold and healthy and easy peasy!  
Thanks so much to Alyssa for organizing the recipe swap and for Elise for your awesome recipe!  I have a feeling we will be making this (and all kinds of variations thereof) a lot this summer!
Frozen Yogurt Vanilla Berry Bark

Recipe Swap Host Bloggers:


Check out this post to see all the recipes and matches.

19 comments:

  1. That turned out so beautiful! I want to make it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! And healthy! Totally making this for dessert asap - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely amazing, can you send me some?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, love this!!! Glad you guys had a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely trying this. It is so many of our favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i only had to read the title for my mouth to water with excitement! this looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a genius idea! I would never think to freeze actual yogurt (I mean logically, how did I think they got frozen yogurt? lol) but this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page. Christmas Hampers Fruit hampers fruit gift baskets online from Fruitcorp Fruit Hampers. Gifts for all Occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...my...gosh...that looks amazing! I wanna come through the screen & eat it! Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you posted this!! Pinned and can't wait to make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sooo behind on everything - this looks absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so making this...very soon! looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! That looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks yummy! I'm adding it to my very long list of things to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gracious, I am TOTALLY adding honey next time!!!! Amazing! Soooo glad y'all loved it! CHEERS! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh.... YUM! I've never seen a recipe like this for the summer time! Pinning now! Where do I find vanilla bean puree?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh we are for sure giving this a try! EAsy and festive at the same time - thanks for sharing such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete